Home Registered Nurse (Psychiatric)
Registered Nurse (Psychiatric)
The Registered Nurse, (RN), assumes primary leadership accountability and responsibility for milieu management as well as directing patient care activities of other nursing staff.
The Registered Nurse (Psychiatric) will be working in the Behavioral Health Center that provides consultation-liasion services for patients of all ages. The consultations are also available to families struggling to cope with the serious illness of a loved one. The Behavioral Health Center has 75-year tradition of serving children and adolescents in separate programs, in addition to three adult care units consisting of an acute stabilization wing and a unit for patients with combined psychiatric and medical problems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Patient assessment
- Formulating individualized plans of care
- Interventions that which promote, maintain, and restore physical and mental health, and prevent illness
- Safe delivery of medication
- Thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patients’ symptoms, responses and progress
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Current license to practice as an RN in New York
- 1+ year(s) of nursing experience
- Psychiatric nursing experience preferred